Date: Wednesday 20th October 2021
Time: 8.45 – 10.30am
Venue: Harwell Innovation Centre, 173 Curie Avenue, Harwell OX11 0QG
To Book: Register on Eventbrite - by 6pm, Tuesday 19th October 2021
"Teamwork remains the one sustainable competitive advantage that has been largely untapped.” Patrick Lencioni
In the post-lockdown environment, employers have seen the advantages and pitfalls of mass home working. Many are seeing a new norm of more employees being permanently home based, and some working partly from the office and partly from home. Some staff have worked from the employer’s premises throughout the pandemic and others have recently returned. This hybrid workforce creates management and legal challenges which the Forum meeting will be addressing.
The session on Managing Hybrid Teams will consider:
- Managing the team when everyone wants something different!
- Characteristics of high performing teams
- The rise of hybrid teams
- Common benefits and challenges facing managers
- Common pitfalls in managing a hybrid team
- Keeping the team ‘together’
- How to have good conversations about difficult stuff
Together we will create our Top 10 Tips for Managing Hybrid Teams Checklist to take away.
The session on Legal Compliance will cover the following:
- WFH: what the contract and policies should cover
- How to deal with staff reluctant to work from the office
Marjory Mair, Marjory Mair Associates
Jill Kelly, Director Solicitor at Employment Law Plus
About Marjory Mair
Marjory has been leading Marjory Mair Associates since 2002 enabling leaders and teams to flourish and influencing their organisations for good. She works alongside leaders at all levels as well as fostering new talent in order to stimulate growth and performance.
Marjory is a member of the CIPD, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts and practises her leadership and teamwork skills as Trustee of a local charity, as well as spending a regular late night out on the town as a Street Pastor in her local community.
About Jill Kelly
Jill is an employment law solicitor who has been providing pragmatic advice to employers and employees for over 20 years. She also sits as a part-time Employment Judge in the Employment Tribunals.
About the South Oxon HR Forum
The South Oxon HR Forum was founded by Employment Law Plus. Click here for more information.
All events will be planned and executed with the utmost attention to the health and safety of everyone in attendance. We will be implementing the following enhanced measures to ensure you feel safe and confident when attending the workshops:
- The meeting room will be sanitised before and after every use
- Windows will be opened to ensure well ventilated space
- The meeting room has a capacity of 40 but we will be restricting numbers to a maximum of 20 to allow for everyone to have enough personal space
- There will be hand sanitiser for your use on entry to the room and during events
- We will ask that you scan an NHS QR code on arrival so we can contact you should anyone inform us of suffering COVID-19 symptoms post-event
- All Bluestream Recruitment employees will be wearing face masks. Free face masks will be available for you to use but will not compulsory
- All Bluestream Recruitment employees will carry out asymptomatic testing before the event and, if possible, we request that those attending do the same.