Are you an experienced and motivated Technical Sales & Bid Manager looking for an exciting new career challenge?
Would you like to join a pioneering and innovative space company that is growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
As the Technical Sales & Bid Manager you will be rewarded with a competitive salary etc and be responsible for:
- Planning for and coordinating bids, or parts of bids as required, through the bid process from call opening all the way to bid submission, managing the bid, to quality, time and cost.
- Working on small bids independently (within the candidate’s technical area of expertise) or seek support from technical specialists within in supporting more technically complex bids as needed.
- Drawing on other relevant teams (as needed for larger bids), including projects, engineering, procurement & contractual, finance, business analysis teams.
- Conducting bid/no bid reviews and later stage bid reviews (e.g. gold / red team) as appropriate.
- Supporting the Head of Future Business in other day to day business activities as needed, including customer / partner engagement, providing inputs into business & strategy documents.
To be considered for the role of Technical Sales & Bid Manager you will need to:
- Have previous experience working on BD / sales in a commercial space environment.
- Have experience of working on bids of various different sizes, from 1 to 2 pager propositions for expressions of interest, to small R&D bids, to larger mission / service proposals of hundreds of pages.
- Have a good grasp of all core domains commonly seen in bids: technical, commercial, financial, implementation, management, contractual, risk.
- Have an excellent “sales / marketing style” in bid production which can be used to convey the selling points of the business,
- Have ability to understand win strategy / themes, enabling construction of competitive but deliverable bids.
- Have several years direct experience of and successful track record in the UKSA /Innovate and ESA ecosystems and bidding into UKSA / Innovate and ESA calls on space projects.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.