Exciting opportunity for experienced Systems Engineer to join pioneering and innovative space company that is growing quickly worldwide
As Systems Engineer you will be involved on a mission from beginning to end. This includes writing bids to customers; developing and analysing the design during the early mission phases; supporting testing during AIT (and leading system testing), support during the launch campaign and finally assisting with in-orbit commissioning of the satellite.
As the Systems Engineer you will be part of a friendly, supportive international team and be responsible for:
- Performing trade-off analysis, and analysis of the system design
- Generating and maintaining system level budgets (mass, power, data)
- Generating and maintaining the requirements and associated design & verification compliance
- Preparing sub-system requirements specification to support procurement
- Reviewing and modifying FDIR techniques, perform FMEA
- Adapting the system design from existing mission architectures to meet the needs of the current work
- Coordinating with the subsystem leads to understand their problems
- Reviewing inputs from subsystem engineers or external partners and critiquing appropriately
- Authoring and maintaining system level documents, e.g. CONOPS, V&V plan, System test plans
To be considered for the Systems Engineer you will:
- Have previous experience of commercial satellite system engineering
- Be educated to MSc or BSC level or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline
- Have a good understanding of all the critical subsystems that make up a satellite mission
- Have experience with requirements management
- Have ability to perform complicated trade-offs
- Comfortable working with Microsoft office applications (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- Have a good understanding of attitude and orbit control subsystem.
- Ideally have experience of satellite level AIT and mission operations
- Have experience working on ESA missions
Our client is a rapidly expanding innovative and pioneering global organisation making a positive contribution to the sustainability of space. They are a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As Systems Engineer you will be part of a great team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
Systems Engineer | Space Missions | Technical Authority | Bids | Proposals | Subsystems | Satellite | AIT
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.