Are you an experienced Structural Engineer with a background in spacecrafts development?
Do you want to join a global organisation who are at the forefront of technology in the satellite industry?
As Structural Engineer you will be rewarded with a generous salary and will be required to:
- Contribute to the development of Spacecraft. Consider requirements, objectives, and commercial constraints (cost, schedule), whilst doing so
- Conceive Initial structural architectures and layouts
- Perform initial sizing analysis (structural analysis including FEM; Finite Element Modelling)
- Work with systems engineers and other subsystems teams to arrive at structural design solutions which satisfy the mission and subsystem requirements
- Perform detailed FEM analysis and design to ensure that spacecraft structures accommodate spacecraft equipment, subsystems, and payloads within their environmental qualification limits.
To be considered for the Structural Engineer role you will need to:
- Have previous experience as a Structural Engineer in the space industry - essential
- Have experience of leading an end to end development cycle of a small to medium sized spacecraft (over 50kg in mass) - essential
- Have experience of working with and designing solutions with a variety of structural materials, including metallic alloys and composites - essential
- Have a strong grounding in mechanical engineering principles with a relevant academic qualification - essential
- Have experience of working in a project team in a close and cooperative manner, to generate spacecraft solutions which meet overall mission and project requirements - essential
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.