Are you an experienced and motivated Spacecraft Operations Engineer looking for an exciting new career challenge?
Would you like to join a pioneering and innovative space company that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
As the Spacecraft Operations Engineer you will be rewarded with a competitive salary etc, and be contributing to shaping solutions for missions. You would also be responsible for
- Performing routine and critical real-time operations;
- Participating in operations planning and scheduling processes;
- Developing, validating and maintaining nominal and contingency mission operations procedures (automated & manual); and operations tools and scripts as required;
- Preparing spacecraft user manuals and other operations documentation as required;
- Contributing to the development of mission operations concepts;
- Providing operations expertise at system, subsystem and instrument level; supporting design reviews, bid proposals and other activities as required;
- Participating in 24/7 shift and on-call rotations as required.
To be considered for the Spacecraft Operations Engineer role you will need to:
- Have previous satellite industry experience, preferably real-time operations as part of a flight control team operating a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) mission through the complete life cycle.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant field
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of satellite subsystems, in particular AOCS/GNC or OBDH;
- Have experience of operation of satellite ground systems, in particular procedure development, monitor and control, mission planning, on-board software management, configuration management and simulator facilities;
- Have experience of satellite performance monitoring and reporting, including anomaly analysis and resolution in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Be prepared to travel outside UK to other company sites
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.