Are you an experienced Spacecraft Operations Engineer looking for an exciting and unique opportunity?
Would you like to be part of a rapidly expanding space technology company working with some highly respected organisations across the industry.
As Spacecraft Operations Engineer you will not only be part of a friendly, supportive team, and rewarded with a highly competitive salary and pension etc. You would be responsible for:
- Performing routine and critical real-time operations
- Participating in operations planning and scheduling processes
- Developing, validating and maintaining nominal and contingency mission operations procedures (automated & manual)
- Developing, validating and maintaining operations tools and scripts as required
- Preparing spacecraft user manuals and other operations documentation as required
- Contributing to the development of mission operations concepts
- Providing operations expertise at system, subsystem and instrument level; supporting design reviews, bid proposals and other activities as required;
- Participating in 24/7 shift and on-call rotations as required.
- Coordinating verificatication with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and plans.
- Planning, preparing, and conducting sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing.
- Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of power system equipment.
To be considered for the Spacecraft Operations Engineer role you will need to:
- Be education to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Have several years of demonstrable satellite industry experience, preferably real-time operations as part of a flight control team operating a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) mission through the complete life cycle.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of satellite subsystems, in particular AOCS/GNC or OBDH
- Have experience of operation of satellite ground systems, in particular procedure development, monitor and control, mission planning, on-board software management, configuration management and simulator facilities
- Be able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis and implement appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
Ideally have but not essential
- Familiarity with mission control systems, preferably SCOS-2000 based;
- Experience of satellite assembly, integration & testing processes;
- Experience with systems engineering processes;
- Experience of formation-flying or close-proximity satellite operations;
- Familiarity with operations preparation tools;
- Software coding experience;
- Knowledge of Flight Dynamics and Orbital Mechanics;
- Familiarity of relevant ECSS standards relating to Ground Systems & Operation
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.