Are you an experienced Simulation Engineer with experience of working on real-time software development?
Are you ready to move your career forward in 2022 and be part of an innovative and pioneering company who are making a significant impact in the space industry?
This is truly a fabulous opportunity for an enthusiastic Simulation Engineer where you will be a key team member simulating satellites in the toughest conditions and performing manoeuvres in close proximity to other space assets. As part of the team, you will work on all aspects of software development on our state-of-the-art simulators, from analysis and design, through to testing and deployment. Other responsibilities include:
- Designing, implementing and testing spacecraft simulators as part of a team of software and aerospace engineers
- Developing and integrating spacecraft simulation software based on client’s requirements
- Validating, configuring, and deploying simulation software in various environments
- Developing scripts based on the client’s operational scenarios
- Performing maintenance activities on simulators to ensure highest availability to users
- Supporting the writing of standard Operational procedures to the Operations team
- Writing start-up scripts to configure the simulators as required for the different operational configurations
For the Simulation Engineer role you will need:
- Be educated to BSc/MSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics, or other STEM discipline
- Have previous commercial experience in software engineering, real-time software development, preferably using modelling and simulation technologies
- Have experience in debugging, profiling on Linux
- Have sound knowledge of modern C++ (C++14)
- Have experience with object oriented programming using UML, design patterns
- Have experience with ECSS SMP and SIMULUS Suite (ESA) and/or other spacecraft simulation frameworks
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.