Are you an experienced and motivated Spacecraft Operations Engineer looking for an exciting new career challenge?
Would you like to join a pioneering and innovative space company that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
As the Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer you will be rewarded with a competitive salary etc, and be able to shape solutions for missions. You would also be responsible for:
- Acting as a technical lead for the Operations team
- Performing routine and critical real-time operations
- Participate in operations planning and scheduling processes;
- Developing, validating, and maintaining nominal and contingency mission operations procedures (automated & manual)
- Preparing spacecraft user manuals and other operations documentation as required
- Contributing to the development of mission operations concepts;
- Providing operations expertise at system, subsystem, and instrument level; supporting design reviews, bid proposals and other activities as required
- Performing health and performance trend analysis at system, subsystem, and instrument level, producing reports as required
- Investigating spacecraft anomalies and participate in anomaly resolution process;
To be considered for the Senior Spacecraft Operations Engineer role you will need to:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline
- Have several years of demonstrable satellite industry experience, preferably real-time operations as part of a flight control team operating a Low Earth Orbit (LEO) mission through the complete life cycle.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of satellite subsystems, in particular AOCS/GNC or OBDH;
- Have experience of operation of satellite ground systems, in particular procedure development, monitor and control, mission planning, on-board software management, configuration management and simulator facilities;
- Have experience of satellite performance monitoring and reporting, including anomaly analysis and resolution in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes;
- Be able operate in a calm, orderly and disciplined manner during high stress situations.
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis and implement appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
- Be detail orientated and able to work using own initiative with limited supervision, as well as alongside other team members.
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Be prepared to travel outside the UK
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.