Excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking to move their career to the next level and work on exciting new projects at an innovative and pioneering global space organisation
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will be creating conceptual and detailed design in 3D CAD and creating manufacturing and ICD drawings for parts and assemblies.
As Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will take the lead of certain aspects of the work as well as mentoring other team members, whilst working closely with their Structural Analysis, Assembly, Test & Verification (AIV) and Ground Segment teams and be
- Generating mechanical requirements (at spacecraft, subsystem, and unit levels).
- Planning the mechanical design of hardware including spacecraft structure, mechanisms, unit modules, and ground support equipment to meet mission requirements.
- Working closely with Mechanical Analysis Engineers on the structural analysis of flight and mission support hardware.
- Working with AIV team to ensure that mechanical design considers ease of manufacture, assembly, integration and test.
- Defining and performing hardware related activities throughout spacecraft design and development, AIV phases, and Launch campaigns.
- Supporting structural testing of flight and engineering related hardware.
- Generating and maintaining MCAD related documentation including specifications, manufacturing drawings (part / assembly / ICD procedures, work instructions, reports, etc).
To be considered for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will:
- Be educated to MSc or BSc in mechanical engineering or relevant engineering / science discipline.
- Have strong commercial experience as mechanical design engineer, ideally with experience in the space industry
- Have experience using SolidWorks, (other CAD software packages such as CATIA, NX, CREO etc. will also be considered).
- Have experience with Engineering Change Processes and using a PDM/PLM system.
- Have strong manufacturing drawing knowledge, including GD&T, to appropriate standards.
- Have ability to prepare mechanical aspects of a plan against project needs and deliver against this
- Be familiar with FEA through using structural analysis software packages such as Ansys, Nastran, Hyperworks etc.
- Have knowledge of engineering verification and validation processes.
- Have experience leading a technical design team.
- Ideally have experience designing innovative spacecraft related hardware and / or efficient mechanical solutions.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. As a people focussed company they are supportive with developing careers further. Competitive salary and fantastic range of benefits for the right candidate
Mechanical Design Engineer | Mechanical Design | Space Hardware | Space Industry | Solidworks| CAD | CATIA | CREO| PDM / PLM | Nastran | Hyperworks |Ansys
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.