Senior Mechanical (AIV) Engineer needed to take a leading role in the assembly, integration, test and launch of our clients next spacecraft.
As Senior Mechanical AIV Engineer there are opportunities to take leading roles on future spacecrafts currently in development and train and mentor younger engineers.
As Senior Mechanical AIV Engineer you will work in a compact and responsive AIV team, with significant freedom to pursue imaginative and cost-effective solutions to engineering test problems. Other responsibilities include:
- Delivery of Spacecraft/Mission level Mechanical Assembly, Integration, and Verification (AIV) activities.
- Mechanical AIV test set-up design, development and commissioning.
- Creating and maintaining satellite AIV procedures, plans, workflows, and schedules in accordance with technical and programmatic requirements.
- Contributing to bid related activities, including generation of (and subsequent delivery against) AIV related cost and schedule budgets.
To be considered for the Senior Mechanical AIV Engineer you will need to:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in mechanical/electrical/science fields.
- Have strong commercial experience delivering spacecraft or mission level AIV activities across a range of mission types.
- Have thorough knowledge and experience of spacecraft/mission AIV process, ideally with an established delivery record across several manufacturers.
- Have deep technical knowledge/understanding of AIV planning, processes, GSE (mechanical & electrical) development, set-up and operation, and verification activities of Mechanical AIT activities (including subsystem, system, and environmental level testing).
- Ideally have design skills and knowledge for development of test infrastructure (mechanical and/or electrical).
- Have awareness of ECSS standards in system engineering, testing and verification.
Our client is a rapidly expanding innovative and pioneering global organisation making a significant impact across the space industry. They are a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As Senior Mechanical AIV Engineer you will be part of a supportive and passionate international team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
Mechanical | Assembly | Integration | Verification | AIV | Spacecraft | Mission AIV | Mission level | ECSS | Spacecraft Mission |
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.