Are you an experienced Ground Systems Engineer with experience of working on ground segment sub-systems for spacecrafts?
Are you ready to move your career forward in 2022 and be part of an innovative and pioneering company who are making a great impact in the space industry?
As Senior Ground Systems Engineer you will play a key leading role in the ground segment team, with a high level of autonomy and responsibility including providing technical expertise and mentoring team members. You will be involved in the whole ground segment development process, from conceptual design to maintenance, together with all the infrastructure and software on ground that is critical to safely operate a mission. As this is a key role with a critical responsibility to efficiently interface between the Mission & Systems team and the Operations team it will give you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the ground segment, as well as participating to operational activities in the control centre when the spacecraft is in orbit. Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Participating in/lead the development of ground systems including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System
- Deriving requirements for the ground segment in general and for specific components
- Interface with the external suppliers’ teams acting as a Product Owner or Technical Officer and provide support to the development team during the ground segment development phase
- Producing and maintaining project documentation to good standard including requirements, verification and validation plan, test procedures, test reports, etc.
- Performing verification & validation of the systems with other team members while ensuring requirements are met, including systems tests and simulation campaigns.
- Performing maintenance of the ground systems while being the interfacing point between the operations team and the developers to resolve technical issues
For the Senior Ground Systems Engineer you will need:
- Be educated to BSc/MSc or equivalent in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Have previous commercial experience in ground systems engineering in the space sector
- Have good understanding of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Have good understanding/knowledge of space mission design/development and standard milestones.
- Have good knowledge of Requirements Engineering.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.