Are you an experienced Senior Digital Signal Processing Engineer looking to develop next generation technology?
Do you want to lead the DSP team and be part of a larger development in a rapidly growing technology company? We are leading the way with next generation technology and provide world leading expertise in RF, Micro and Millimetre-wave technology.
In return for an exciting career you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and pension.
As a Senior Digital Signal Processing Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day management and direction of a small team of DSP engineers and determine what is the engineering requirement from high level specifications.
- Implement digital signal processing (DSP) in HDL for an FPGA-based high-speed modem
- HDL design, implementation, simulation and verification.
- System level design and analysis of active phased array antennas.
- Documentation of design, simulation results and verification procedures.
- Implement low-level device drivers in embedded C/C++.
- Work closely with hardware engineers in project specification, development and validation.
To be considered for the Senior Digital Signal Processing Engineer you will need to have:
- Ph.D degree or equivalent in Wireless Communications.
- Several years’ experience in a related field.
- Well-developed digital design skills for FPGA implementations using HDLs such as VHDL or Verilog.
- Knowledge of DSP algorithms such as modulation/demodulation techniques, adapt modulation, digital filters, FFTs, error-correction coding.
- Experience of system modelling/testing with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Embedded system skills, e.g. C/C++programming.
Desirable skills but not essential:
- Experience with working on a SoC FPGA platform, e.g. Xilinx Zynq-7000 series.
- Experience of working with Real-Time OS, embedded Linux, programming ARM processors or 16-bit/32-bit.
- Knowledge of TCP-IP/SPI/I2C/UART/USB protocols.
- Experience of interfacing with high-speed ADC/DAC data paths.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment