Are you an experienced and motivated Senior Command & Data Handling Engineer looking for a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking to make a positive contribution to the space environment?
Then why not join a pioneering and innovative space company, that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunity to develop your career further, international travel and a share option.
As Senior Command & Data Handling Engineer you will be required to:
- Lead development and design activities for the Command & Data Handling Sub-systems on spacecraft:
- derive and maintain sub-system requirements
- define and develop sub-system architecture
- perform trade-off analysis of hardware & software solutions
- manage, subsystem data and processing budgets
- define FMECA and FDIR processes
- Coordinate with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans
- Plan, prepare, lead, conduct electrical sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing
- Work with the UK based Ground segment and operations teams in support of our mission operations globally
- Interact with partners and suppliers for the provision of C&DH equipment. Support procurement engineers with specification, trade-off and selection of C&DH equipment. Participate in review of the deliverables in support of the project milestones
To be considered for the Senior Command & Data Handling Engineer you will need to:
- Have a Diploma, Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/ science discipline.
- Have 5+ years of commercial experience in electronic and/or system design of Command & Data Handling Systems for satellites.
- Have demonstrable experience on designing systems that use industry de-facto standards such as CCSDS, I2C, Spacewire, CAN, etc.
- Have operational experience of C&DH systems on spacecraft missions.
- Have experience in developing and conducting test plans for spacecraft avionics.
- Have a good understanding of spacecraft mission lifecycle and milestones (e.g. MDR, PDR, CDR, etc).
- Have a good understanding of system engineering & managing requirements through the full project lifecycle.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.