Are you an experienced AOCS / GNC Engineer ready for an exciting new challenge?
Then why not join a pioneering and innovative space company that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionte and supportive engineering team?
As Senior AOCS/ GNC Engineer you will be rewarded with competitive salary; opportunity to develop your career further, international travel and share option;
As Senior AOCS / GNC Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Lead Guidance Navigation and Control systems development and design activities for spacecraft missions: derive and maintain AOCS / GNC sub-system requirements, define and maintain AOCS/GNC sub-system design.
- Contribute to system level activities, such as: developing mission CONOPS (Concept of Operations), defining FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis) and FDIR (Fault/Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery) processes and design, system test and verification activities.
- Support control law and algorithms development – analyse, design, implement and validate (simulate) scenarios for RPO (rendezvous and proximity operations), working with flight dynamics engineers to develop passively safe trajectories for RPO. Design control laws to implement RPO & docking manoeuvres
- Support development of GNC hardware architecture, trade-off analysis of hardware towards an overall GNC hardware solution.
- Support development of GNC software architecture, implementing algorithms into GNC flight software, towards an overall GNC software solution.
As Senior AOCS / GNC Engineer you need to:
- Have previous commercial experience as an AOCS or GNC systems engineer involved in the design, implementation and testing of GNC solutions for actual spacecraft missions.
- Have experience of algorithm & control law development: use of GNC design and simulation software e.g., MATLAB
- Have experience of hardware trade-offs and hardware and software GNC architectural design.
- Operational experience of on-orbit satellite operations.
- Extended experience in control law design, beyond classical techniques: non linear design, optimal. Any experience of self-learning algorithms (prediction, self-tuning) and AI (Artificial Intelligence e.g. supervised and unsupervised machine learning).
- Extensive knowledge of GNC sensor systems (trade-offs/ procurement, data processing) including cameras, IR and LiDAR.
Bluestream Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary/contract recruitment.