Experienced RF Engineer required 2-3 days per week. The work is expected to take place over a 12-month contract but could result in a permanent position at the end of that period. Flexible working arrangements are available, but regular team working at the UK offices is expected.
As Part-time RF Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Producing link budgets.
- Performing modelling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Performing near field analyses (including field of view and multipath) for various antenna configurations.
- Supporting frequency licensing process.
- Ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulations.
- Defining tests to validate performance of antenna/RF designs.
- Supporting the business development team with customer engagements and solutions.
- Developing test plans to identify test approach, resources, schedules and cost estimates that meet applicable requirements, standards and regulations.
To be considered for the Part-time RF Engineer role you will need to:
- Have BSc or MSc in a relevant subject (e.g. Electronics, communications).
- Have solid experience in design and development of spacecraft RF subsystems.
- Have experience in modelling and simulating RF space-to-ground links.
- Have experience in frequency licensing constraints (ITU) for old and new space applications.
- Have a good knowledge of satellite communications systems design.
- Have experience of RF circuits, RF systems design, and test.
- Have experience of antenna design and propagation.
- Have detailed understanding of communications link budget analysis and design.
- Gave familiarity with ITU regulations and licensing processes.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.