Excellent opportunity for experienced Space Systems Engineer to join an innovative and pioneering company
As Space Systems Engineer (Mission Architecture) you will be a creative engineer with diverse expertise to develop mission architectures for our clients commercial services.
As Space Systems Engineer (Mission Architecture) you will have the opportunity to shape solutions for current and future missions, and to develop the team capable of delivering them, whilst working remotely from UK or EU. Duties also include
- Development of novel spacecraft mission architectures and system concepts
- Performing frequent and iterative trades, analyses, and feasibility studies to devise, filter and advance a variety of mission concepts, which may require:
- Spacecraft design
- Power / link / mass / deltaV and other system budget maintenance
- Orbits and trajectory design
- Usage or creation of modeling / simulation / analysis / optimization tools
- Derivation of effective requirements, mission design, and CONOPS definition
- Coordinating and working closely with project managers, systems and subsystem engineers across the global organization.
- Supporting the assessment of global supply chain and manufacturing capabilities
- Providing technical inputs and technical review of new business development proposals
To be considered for the Space Systems Engineer (Mission Architecture) you will:
- Be educated to BSc/Msc or equivalent in relevant technical discipline
- Have strong commercial experience in space system projects and mission design
- Have strong system level knowledge in space systems design and AIV activities, and practical experience in several phases of the lifecycle from concept through flight
- Have broad knowledge of subsystems & engineering teams including: GNC (AOCS, ADCS), astrodynamics, C&DH / OBDH, EPS, structures, RCS (propulsion), COM (communications), software, ground segment & operation
- Be familiar with space industry standards, approaches, technology state-of-the-art and trends
- Have knowledge of commonly used engineering and modelling packages (e.g. ModelSim, Matlab, STK) and/or experience with model based system engineering
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken
Our client is a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As Senior Propulsion Engineer you will be key part of a supportive and passionate team international team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
Space Systems | Mission Architecture | AIV | GNC | AOCS| Spacecraft Mission Cycle | C&DH | OBDH
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.