Are you an experienced and motivated Project Manager with experience of working in the Space & Satellite Communications industry?
Would you like to join a pioneering and innovative space company that is growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
As the Project Manager you will be rewarded with a competitive salary etc and be able to shape solutions for missions. You would also be responsible for:
- Overall design and delivery of space missions (or aspects thereof) on complex engineering missions. To be achieved via the coordination of matrixed project / engineering teams.
- Planning and delivery of project review gates, including management and production of associated deliverables.
- Defining and maintaining an appropriate balance of quality, cost, schedule, and risk, whilst delivering projects and their associated deliverables.
- Generating project inputs to mission concept studies, technical or non-technical packages of work, and bid work, in support of the wider business.
- Interfacing with customers, suppliers, and programme partners as necessary in support of project, bids, or similar activities.
- Reporting and be internally accountable to business and senior management.
To be considered for the Project Manager role you will need to:
- Have previous experience in project or programme management, in the space or aerospace industries, and a track record of successful mission delivery.
- Have complete ‘technical’ project management skillset (delivery, schedule, financial, risk management, etc)
- Have ability to lead and work collaboratively with a close-knit team of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Have experience of planning and completing project review gates (Requirements Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, etc).
- Have experience of working closely with Systems Engineering teams, including a high-level understanding of Systems activities such as architecture definition, CONOPS, requirements derivation, etc.
- Have experience working with spacecraft sub-system functional teams such as Guidance Navigation Control (GNC / AOCS), Command & Data Handing (C&DH / OBDH), Propulsion, Software, Ground Segment, Operations, etc.
- Awareness of Assembly Integration and Verification processes (integration, subsystem / integrated / environmental testing etc).
- Have experience of supplier management or satellite part procurement.
- Have a can-do approach, and drive to work together to achieve collective success within a project management & company team framework.
- Be prepared to travel outside the UK when necessary
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.