Experienced Power Systems Engineer required 1.5 days per week over a 12-month contract. Flexible working arrangements are available, but regular team working at the UK offices is expected.
As Part-time Power Systems Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Managing and reviewing the development and design activities for power subsystems on client’s spacecraft, including
- maintain sub-system requirements
- review sub-system architecture
- review trade-off analysis of hardware & software solutions
- support power budgets
- review FMECA inputs and FDIR processes
- manage and ensure compliance to the grounding scheme across the spacecraft
- understand and review the interaction between the different elements of the power subsystem: generation (solar panels), storage (battery) and distribution (PCDU)
- Coordinating with other teams at sub-system and at system level to define ConOps, ICDs, development and verification plans.
- Planning sub-systems and system level verification tests, including environmental testing.
To be considered for the Part-time Power Systems Engineer role you will need to:
- Have BSc or MSc in electrical engineering or relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Several years of commercial experience of designing and testing power subsystems for satellites.
- Have good understanding of solar panel specification, manufacturing process, handling and testing.
- Have experience sizing, procuring, testing and integrating satellite batteries and an awareness the storage & handling requirements for batteries.
- Have experience in constructing grounding philosophies and grounding diagrams for spacecraft architectures.
- Have experience of designing and testing EGSE for the purposes of powering the satellite during the AIT phase.
- Have good understanding of spacecraft mission lifecycle and milestones (e.g. MDR, PDR, CDR, etc).
- Have good understanding of system engineering & managing requirements through the full project lifecycle.
- Have good knowledge/experience of spacecraft design lifecycle at all stages from initial concept to design, test, and operations.
- Have operational experience of power systems on spacecraft missions.
- Have experience of analysis radiation tolerances and knowledge of radiation hardness assurance for Low Earth Orbit applications.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.