Are you an innovative, imaginative and practically minded Optical Systems Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge in the space industry?
Would you like to join an enthusiastic team developing instrumentation for several space missions and make a valuable contribution to their future success?
As Optical Systems Engineer you would be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package whilst working as part of a friendly, supportive team, where you will be responsible for:
- Designing and troubleshooting optical hardware and software for space missions
- Deriving and managing requirements for optical element
- Providing technical interface to customers and subcontractors
- Developing innovative solutions to engineering requirements
- Manufacture, assembly, integration and test
To be considered for the Optical Systems Engineer role you will:
- Have experience designing, manufacturing or testing optical hardware for the space environment
- Have software tool experience (i.e. modelling, CAD, Zemax)
- Have ability to independently apply engineering principles to design projects
- Be keen to solve complex challenges in a small team
- Be educated to degree level in mechanical/aerospace engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge / experience of using CAD (Pro/E, SolidWorks, and/or CATIA)
- Ideally have familiarity with ECSS
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.