Excellent opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking to work on exciting new projects and be part of an innovative and pioneering global space organisation
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will focus on the design of various spacecraft components and subsystems, including creating conceptual and detailed design in 3D CAD and creating manufacturing and ICD drawings for parts and assemblies.
As Mechanical Desing Engineer you will work closely with their Structural Analysis, Assembly, Test & Verification (AIV) and Ground Segment teams, and generate mechanical requirements (at spacecraft, subsystem, and unit levels). You will also
- Plan the mechanical design of hardware including spacecraft structure, mechanisms, unit modules, and ground support equipment to meet mission requirements.
- Work closely with Mechanical Analysis Engineers on the structural analysis of flight and mission support hardware.
- Work with AIV team to ensure that mechanical design considers ease of manufacture, assembly, integration and test.
- Define and perform hardware related activities throughout spacecraft design and development, AIV phases, and Launch campaigns.
- Support structural testing of flight and engineering related hardware.
- Generate and maintain MCAD related documentation including specifications, manufacturing drawings (part / assembly / ICD procedures, work instructions, reports, etc).
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will:
- Be educated to MSc or BSc in mechanical engineering or relevant engineering / science discipline.
- Have previous commercial experience as mechanical design engineering, ideally within the space industry
- Have ability to prepare mechanical aspects ofa plan against project needs and deliver against this
- Be familiar with FEA through using structural analysis software packages such as Ansys, Nastran, Hyperworks etc.
- Ideally have experience designing innovative spacecraft related hardware and / or efficient mechanical solutions.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. As a people focussed company they are supportive with developing careers further. Competitive salary and fantastic range of benefits for the right candidate
Mechanical Design Engineer | Mechanical Design | Space Hardware | Space Industry | Spacecraft | CAD | 3D CAD | MCAD | Ansys | Nastran | Hyperworks |
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.