Are you an innovative, imaginative and practically minded Mechanical Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge in the space industry?
Would you like to join an enthusiastic team developing instrumentation for several space missions and make a valuable contribution to their future success?
As Mechanical Engineer you will be part of a friendly, supportive team and be responsible for:
- Leading mechanical design of flight, engineering, and support hardware
- Leading structural and thermal analyses of flight and engineering hardware
- Generating and maintaining 3D CAD modelling of bespoke space sensors
- Performing structural and thermal finite element analyses
- Producing engineering drawings for assembly and manufacture, and define integration procedures
- Managing BOM for manufacturing and production, and deal with manufacturing supply chain
- Supporting assembly, integration and test of space equipment and systems
To be considered for the Mechanical Engineer role you will need to have:
- Previous experience of working in the space/aerospace industry
- Experience of product development life cycle including requirement definition, design, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, integration, and testing
- Strong 3D Mechanical CAD skills – preferably SolidWorks
- Experience of GD&T using ISO/ASME standards
- Previous experience of preparation of FEMs for structural and thermal FEAs of large assemblies– preferably Patran/Nastran
- Hands on MAIT activities
- Experience with environmental testing and definition of test specifications
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes to aid design for manufacturing
- Experience with ECSS standards
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.