Are you an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer professional with experience with space instrumentation and sensors, and looking for an exciting new challenge?
Would you like to be part of a rapidly expanding global success in the space industry?
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will be rewarded with good salary package and be responsible for:
- Leading the mechanical design of flight, engineering, and support hardware
- Generating and maintaining 3D CAD modelling of bespoke space sensors
- Produce engineering drawings for assembly and manufacture, and define integration procedures
- Managing BOM for manufacturing and production, and dealing with manufacturing supply chain
- Supporting assembly, integration and test of space equipment and systems
- Preparing technical documentation (design specifications, test plan, etc.), and analysis and test reports
- Defining and managing mechanical requirements and defend designs during project reviews with customers (ESA, UKSA, etc.)
To be considered for the Mechanical Design Engineer role you will need to:
- Have Mechanical/Aerospace/Manufacturing degree or similar.
- Have previous experience working in the space/aerospace industry
- Have full product development life cycle experience from concept through to flight. Including requirement definition, design, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, integration, and testing
- Be proficient in 3D Mechanical CAD with a minimum of 3 years of: –SolidWorks experience.
- Have extensive knowledge of GD&T using activities
- Experience with environmental testing and definition of test specifications
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes to aid design for manufacturing
- Have understanding of material and surface treatment for optical space systems
- Have experience with ECSS standards
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.