Are you an experienced and motivated Mechanical AIV Engineer with experience of working in the Space & Satellite Communications industry looking for an exciting new challenge?
Would you like to join a pioneering and innovative space company that is making a huge impact globally?
As the Mechanical AIV Engineer will be part of a passionate and supportive team, delivering Spacecraft/Mission level mechanical assembly, integration and verification (AIV) activities, together with
- Mechanical AIV test set-up design, development and commissioning.
- Create and maintain satellite AIV procedures, plans, workflows, and schedules in accordance with technical and programmatic requirements.
- Contribute to bid related activities, including generation of (and subsequent delivery against) AIV related cost and schedule budgets.
- Work within matrixed project teams, contributing to parallel missions of UK and international nature.
- Experience of satellite harness manufacture, installation and crimping
- Experience of MLI and installation
To be considered for the role of Mechanical AIV Engineer you will:
- Educated to BSc or equivalent in mechanical/electrical/science fields.
- Have previous commercial experience delivering spacecraft or mission level AIV activities across a range of mission types.
- Have strong knowledge and experience of spacecraft/mission AIV process, ideally with an established delivery record across several manufacturers.
- Have very strong technical knowledge/understanding of AIV planning, processes, GSE (mechanical & electrical) development, set-up and operation, and verification activities of Mechanical AIT activities (including subsystem, system, and environmental level testing).
- Be proactive and self-managing, whilst contributing collaboratively within a close-knit team.
- Have awareness of ECSS standards in system engineering, testing and verification.
- Ideally have knowledge of planning and execution of environmental test campaigns (including Thermal Vacuum and Mechanical verification campaigns)
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. As a people focussed company they are supportive in developing careers further. As Mechanical AIV Engineer you will be rewarded with a very competitive salary and great range of benefits
Mechanical AIV | Mechanical Assembly | Mechanical Integration | Mechanical Verification | AIV | Integration | Test | Vertification | Space Missions | ECSS | AIT |
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.