Exciting opportunity for an experienced Ground Systems Engineer to join a pioneering and innovative space company that is growing quickly worldwide
As Ground Systems Engineer will be involved in the whole ground segment development process, from conceptual design to maintenance. The role will be involved in all the infrastructure and software on the ground that is critical to safely operate a mission.
As Ground Systems Engineer you will interface between the Mission & Systems team and the Operations team, which will give you the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the ground segment, as well as participating in operational activities in the control centre when the spacecraft is in orbit. As a key team member in the existing ground system team, you will have a high level of responsibility and autonomy, and be
- Supporting/leading the development of ground systems including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System.
- Deriving requirements for the ground segment in general and for specific components.
- Following the Agile (SCRUM) methodology to ensure implementation of the requirements and maintain the schedule.
- Producing and maintaining project documentation to good standard including requirements, verification and validation plan, test procedures, test reports, etc.
- Performing verification & validation of the systems with other team members while ensuring requirements are met, including systems tests and simulation campaigns.
- Providing support / training on the ground systems.
- Performing maintenance of the ground systems while being the interfacing point between the operations team and the developers to resolve technical issues.
To be considered for the role of Ground Systems Engineer you will need to:
- Be educated to BSc level or equivalent in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Have strong commercial experience in ground systems engineering.
- Have an overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Have an overall understanding/knowledge of space mission design/development and standard milestones.
- Have good knowledge of Requirements Engineering.
- Have experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000; Automation Systems and Mission Planning Systems; and Ground Stations/Antenna communications.
- Have strong knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- Have knowledge of C++ and/or Java programming languages.
- Have good understanding of Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer who are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. As a people focussed company they are supportive in developing careers further. As Ground Systems Engineer you will be rewarded with a very competitive salary and great range of benefits
Ground Segement | Ground Station | Satellite | Ground Systems | Spacecraft | Computer Science | Mission Control | SCOS-2000 | Antenna Communications | Scrum | C++ | Java | Linux | Shell Scripts
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.