Are you an experienced Software Engineer with experience of working on ground segment sub-systems for spacecrafts?
Are you ready to move your career forward in 2022 and be part of an innovative and pioneering company who are making a great impact in the space industry?
As Ground Segment Software Engineer you will be rewarded with a generous salary, fabulous range of benefits and be responsible for:
- The design, development, validating and maintaining Ground Segment SW subsystems needed for operating space missions, including developing small tools required for operating of the missions.
- Generating and updating the software related documentation.
- Participating in the design of the systems including requirements capture, definition, tailoring, analysis and conversion to use cases and stories; and the development support and solution testing.
- Supporting the Ground Segment verification, validation and integration.
- Supporting in the Mission System Test and or Simulation campaigns.
- Supporting the Operations team to resolve technical issues and providing advice on best practice.
For the Ground Segment Software Engineer role you will need to:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Computer Science, Telecommunications
- Have strong commercial experience in software development and software engineering.
- Have strong commercial experience in the design and development of satellite user or ground segment products and technologies.
- Have good knowledge of C/C++, Java and or Python programming languages.
- Have knowledge of Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
- Have experience in development on Linux systems.
- Have experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000.
- Have good overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
- Have knowledge of ECSS standards.
Ideally have but not essential
- Experience or knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
- Familiarity with commonly used protocols and standards for spacecraft communications, such as CCSDS, CAN, Spacewire.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.