Are you an experience GNC Engineer looking for a new challenge in 2022?
Would you like to join an innovative and pioneering company making a huge contribution to the future of space and be able to shape solutions for their missions?
As GNC Engineer you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, excellent range of benefits and be responsible for:
- Designing, optimising and testing of GNC algorithms e.g. navigation filters, guidance strategies and controllers.
- Designing of GNC simulator models/functionalities.
- Designing of GNC architecture solutions for feasibility studies. Support the development of payload and hardware trade-offs and state-of-the-art RPO (Rendezvous and Proximity Operations) sensor technologies and fusion techniques.
- Contributing to system level activities, such as: defining FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis) and FDIR (Fault/Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery) processes.
- Contributing to V&V (Verification and Validation), subsystem/spacecraft integration planning and execution.
- Performing GNC subsystem development testing with EM (Engineering Model) hardware using dedicated testbeds.
- Contributing to current development-focussed GNC activities as well as future production-focussed GNC activities e.g. QA (Quality Assurance) processes.
To be considered for the role of GNC Engineer you will need to:
- Have good level of education in aerospace engineering or another relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Have experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Python and C/C++
- Have experience of GNC algorithm design e.g. navigation filters, guidance strategies and/or controllers.
- Have experience of GNC hardware integration/test.
- Have experience of Systems Engineering.
- Have knowledge and experience of GNC rendezvous and pose estimation sensors and methods.
- Have experience designing fault-tolerant GNC systems e.g. fault-tolerant algorithm / software design
- Have experience of on-orbit GNC analysis, debug and refinement.
- Have experience of satellite trajectory design and analysis e.g. walking safety ellipses, passively safe trajectories, abort manoeuvres and collision avoidance manoeuvres.
- Have practical working knowledge of digital electronics relevant to a GNC system (communications protocols, satellite Command & Data Handling, digital integration to enable Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing etc.)
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.