Exciting opportunity for an experience GNC Engineer to join global organisation making a huge contribution to the future of space
As GNC Engineer you will be part experienced and competent group of like-minded people who make up the global GNC team
As GNC Engineer you will be contributing to current development-focussed GNC activities as well as future production-focussed GNC activities e.g. QA (Quality Assurance) processes, together with
- Designing, optimising and testing of GNC algorithms e.g. navigation filters, guidance strategies and controllers.
- Designing of GNC simulator models/functionalities.
- Designing of GNC architecture solutions for feasibility studies. Support the development of payload and hardware trade-offs and state-of-the-art RPO (Rendezvous and Proximity Operations) sensor technologies and fusion techniques.
- Contributing to system level activities, such as: defining FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis) and FDIR (Fault/Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery) processes.
- Contributing to V&V (Verification and Validation), subsystem/spacecraft integration planning and execution.
- Performing GNC subsystem development testing with EM (Engineering Model) hardware using dedicated testbeds.
To be considered for the role of GNC Engineer you will need to:
- Have good level of education in aerospace engineering or another relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Have experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Python and C/C++
- Have experience of GNC algorithm design e.g. navigation filters, guidance strategies and/or controllers.
- Have experience of GNC hardware integration/test.
- Have experience of Systems Engineering.
- Have knowledge and experience of GNC rendezvous and pose estimation sensors and methods.
- Have experience designing fault-tolerant GNC systems e.g. fault-tolerant algorithm / software design
- Have experience of on-orbit GNC analysis, debug and refinement.
- Have experience of satellite trajectory design and analysis e.g. walking safety ellipses, passively safe trajectories, abort manoeuvres and collision avoidance manoeuvres.
- Have practical working knowledge of digital electronics relevant to a GNC system (communications protocols, satellite Command & Data Handling, digital integration to enable Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing etc.)
Our client is a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As GNC Engineer you will be part of a supportive and passionate team international team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
GNC | Satellites | Spacecraft | Guidance, Navigation & Control | Matlab | Simulink| Python | C / C++ | Algorithm design | Hardware Integration & Test |
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.