Are you a qualified or part-qualified Financial Accountant looking to join a leading innovative solutions company as part of their continued growth?
As Financial Accountant you would report to the Financial Controller and be rewarded with a very competitive salary, holidays, pension, away days etc. You would be responsible for:
- Undertaking weekly and monthly financial analysis and reporting, providing information in an accurate and timely manner
- Support the preparation of the monthly management accounts, annual budget, and statutory financial statements.
- Liaise with the company accountants to prepare year end statutory accounts and provide financial information as required (for audit etc.)
- Support the provision of accurate cash forecasts and cash flow management.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with external stakeholders, e.g., HMRC, Professional advisors and customers.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and ancillary services in the areas of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable etc.
- Support with bank management & banking/investment relationships
- Maintain and sustain costing systems for the group companies.
- Ensure Sales Invoices are issued in a timely manner.
- Credit control
- Maintain group intercompany reconciliations.
- Support the preparation and submission of VAT returns.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
To be considered for the Financial Accountant role you will:
- Be at very minimum a Part Qualified ACA.ACCA,CIMA or equivalent accountant, with demonstrable workplace experience ideally in a business role
- Have experience in reviewing and developing/implementing new processes.
- Have hands on experience of accounting packages and ERP systems.
- Have good financial & commercial awareness and be able to show they are a commercial decision maker.
- Be approachable, a team player and have the ability to work beyond the confines of a traditional finance role.
- Have experience with any of the following would be advantageous; group consolidations, foreign currency transactions and/or implementation of new ERP systems, overseas markets/customs/export.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.