Embedded Software Engineer required to join rapidly expanding high technology company that leads the field with its extensive millimetre wave product range that include mmics, modules and antennas, with expansion as markets in 5G, Defence, Autonomous Vehicles, Aerospace and Satellite development.
As Embedded Software Engineer you will be required to:
- Design, develop, verify and maintain embedded software for cutting-edge communications and high-resolution radar systems
- Test embedded hardware and firmware as well as perform test driven development where applicable
- Work closely with hardware engineers in project specification, development and validation
- Incorporate builds into continuous integration where applicable
To be considered for the Embedded Software Engineer role you will need to have:
- A Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Proven experience in embedded programming experience
- Knowledge of RTOS, embedded Linux, ARM or other 16-bit/32-bit MCUs.
- Experience with reading and understanding schematics
- System testing and debugging using JTAG, Serial Wire Debug (SWD)
- Experience with communication protocols such as TCP-IP/SPI/I2C/UART/USB/CAN
- Strong software development skills including design, implementation, testing, documentation, and debugging
- Strong development best practices including design/code reviews, testing/regression, ‘Git’ version control and user documentation
- Experience of working with MS Windows/Linux, IAR Embedded Workbench, Python and Qt.
- Knowledge of wireless communications and radar.
- Knowledge of RF components/systems.
- Experience of system modelling/testing with MATLAB/Simulink
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment