Great opportunity for experienced Computer Vision Specialist to join leading space organisation as part of their continued growth.
As Computer Vision Specialist you be a key team member of an experienced and competent group of like-minded people who make up the global Computer Vision team and bring an optimal mix of Computer Vision experience from both the commercial and academic worlds.
As Computer Vision Specialist you will be involved in the software development process, from conceptual design to maintenance. The day-to-day activities of the team will include the design of complex object detection, tracking, and pose estimation algorithms as well as having the wider responsibility for the specification and integration of the overall subsystem hardware/software including a large part of the spacecraft payload. And also be involved with in
- Supporting ongoing development of computer vision modules, detection, tracking and pose-estimation algorithms on board the Astroscale satellite.
- Benchmarking the performance of the algorithms, under different operating configurations.
- Participating in the design, implementation and testing of safety critical software solutions, and PIL / HIL verification test-benches.
- Coordinating with other competence centres at sub-system and at system-level to associate Lidar detection outputs with other sensor outputs to arrive at a sensor fusion approach and to identify software needs and solutions.
To be considered for the role of Computer Vision Specialist you will:
- Be educated to MSc or BSC in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other relevant engineering/science discipline.
- Have proven commercial experience developing signal processing / algorithm development / computer vision solutions.
- Have olid theoretical background in signal/image processing and computer vision algorithms.
- Have excellent programming skills (Matlab, Python) and knowledge of software configuration control.
- Have an understanding of Lidar signal processing and principles of tracking & estimation and understanding the principles of sensors LIDARs and Cameras.
- Have experience with Software testing, Unit and integration testing, Software integration, interfaces design.
- Be able to generate project documentation, developing specifications, requirements and design, and other engineering documentation.
Our client are a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As Computer Vision Engineer you will be part of a supportive and passionate international team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
Computer Vision | Software Engineering | Algorithms | Sensors | Lidar Signalling | Lidar | Cameras | C / C++ | Matlab | Simulink | Software Testing
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.