Fabulous opportunity for an experienced Bid / Sales professional with a background in space to join rapidly expanding space company making a huge impact on the future of space.
As Bid Manager you will be part of Business Development team developing bids and securing funding, and have the opportunity to support in a number of BD-related areas including proposal production for commercial sales.
As Bid Manager you will be take responsibility for managing and coordinating entire bids, or parts of bids as required, through the bid process from call opening all the way to bid submission (leading or supporting negotiation as needed), together with
- Overall control for production of the bid volumes to ensure delivery on schedule.
- Work with other teams (as needed for larger bids), including: projects, engineering, procurement & contractual, finance, business analysis teams.
- Support development of inputs to ESA ministerial and working with other teams, programme financial estimation.
- Support liaison with member states, as appropriate.
- Lead the development of member state pitch forms, working with business analysis team as needed.
- Support creation of further bid process and integration into the sales pipeline process.
- Keep track of bid opportunities including sources such as ESA, EU, UKSA and make propositions as to what future projects fit which opportunities
- Support sales team with sales pipeline and capture planning development.
- Support sales team with proposal production for commercial opportunities.
To be considered for the role of Bid Manager you will:
- Be degree educated or equivalent
- Have strong commercial experience working in bid management in the space industry, with a preference for those with experience of the full lifecycle of UKSA and ESA bids e.g. ARTES, GSTP, ITTs, UKSA SST programme.
- Have experience of working on bids of various different sizes, from 1 to 2 pager propositions for expressions of interest, to small R&D bids, to larger mission / service proposals of hundreds of pages.
- Have experience of delivering / compiling all the key volumes for bids: technical, commercial, financial, implementation, management, contractual, risk.
- Have an understanding of the ESA ecosystem and bidding into ESA calls.
- Have experience of working in a satellite business development or satellite sales environment.
Our client are a people focused business who can offer you the opportunity to develop your career in space further. As Bid Manager you will be part of a supportive and passionate team international team, and be rewarded with a very competitive salary and fabulous range of benefits.
Bid Manager | Proposals Manager | Sales Manager | Space | Satellite | Space Missions | ARTES | GSTP | ITTs | UKSA SST
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment.