Are you an experienced AOCS / GNC Systems Engineer ready for an exciting new challenge?
Then why not join a pioneering and innovative space company that’s growing quickly worldwide, as part of their passionate and supportive engineering team?
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunity to develop your career further, international travel and a share option.
As Senior AOCS / GNC Systems Engineer you will:
- Lead Guidance Navigation and Control systems development and design activities for missions: derive and maintain AOCS (Attitude & OrbitControl of the System)/GNC (guidance, navigation, and control) sub-system requirements, define and maintain AOCS/GNC sub-system design.
- Contribute to system level activities, such as: developing mission CONOPS(Concept of Operations), defining FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis) and FDIR (Fault/Failure Detection, Isolation, and Recovery) processes and design, system test and verification activities.
- Support control law and algorithms development – analyse, design, implement and validate (simulate) scenarios for RPO (rendezvous and proximity operations), working with flight dynamics engineers to develop passively safe trajectories for RPO. Design control laws to implement RPO & docking manoeuvres.
To be considered for the Senior AOCS / GNC Systems Engineer you will need to:
- Have 3+ years of experience as an AOCS or GNC systems engineer involved in the design, implementation and testing of GNC solutions for actual spacecraft missions.
- Have experience of algorithm & control law development: use of GNC design and simulation software e.g., MATLAB, implementation of control laws and real world effects (non-linearities, signal noise, tuning), translating algorithms into operational flight software. Preferable to have experience of implementation of RPO and docking algorithms and solutions.
- Have experience of hardware trade-offs and hardware and software GNC architectural design.
Bluestream Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and as an Employment Business for temporary/contract recruitment.